VIRTUALLY REALITY - Oculus Rift NOW IN Udon Thani!

This is the general chatter part of the forum. Please enjoy listing any topics you wish here and we will create categories as we go along.
Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

VIRTUALLY REALITY - Oculus Rift NOW IN Udon Thani!

Post by Udon Chinwag » September 20th, 2017, 9:45 am

We are really pleased to announce that VIRTUAL REALITY - Oculus Rift will be installed early October at Dragon Internet on Soi Pratcha Santi.
It is the first VR system to be in NE Thailand as far as we are aware. Certainly the first publicly available. I have heard of a couple down at Pataya at a very unfortunate price of 200 baht a go.

For those wanting to try this amazing new experience for gaming, sports, movies etc contact us www.udonthanicomputers.com
We hope to open around 6/10 with a fully set up 2 sensor system at probably 25 baht for 30 mins test and 50 baht for an hour.

If this project gains popularity we will introduce three more sets to Dragon Internet - giving a full-on interactive gaming experience for multiple players that will truly blow your mind.

2-4 Setups will have 4m by 5m area 4 sensor facilities for a full on 360 degree experience. There is something seriously scary with suddenly finding yourself being attacked by a 3D alien from BEHIND!
Monitoring and audio will be available so others can enjoy watching the "victim" in action and see in 2D what they are experiencing in Virtual Reality.
OCU4.jpg
OCU4.jpg (69.66 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
OCU3.jpg
OCU3.jpg (805.11 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
OCU2.jpg
OCU2.jpg (22.82 KiB) Viewed 1378 times

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Re: VIRTUALLY REALITY - Oculus Rift coming to Udon Thani Oct 2017

Post by Udon Chinwag » October 3rd, 2017, 8:30 pm

We are close now! "Virtually" everything is installed - a GPU tomorrow and we hope to be testing on the Special Buddhist Holiday Thursday 5th when the kids are off school by handy coincidence.

if you want to book this facility (1 plays and 3 can watch at a time currently), please contact Dragon Internet on 091-686-9878
Or email admin@kbomedia.com

We will shortly add another Oculus or 3.. and make available for private parties in an adjoining premise.

It's all looking good so far! COME TRY!
OCULUSJPG.jpg
OCULUSJPG.jpg (306.71 KiB) Viewed 1345 times

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Re: VIRTUALLY REALITY - OPEN 6/10/17

Post by Udon Chinwag » October 5th, 2017, 10:01 pm

We are there! Installed, tested, and the clients have seen nothing like it. Almost broken within the first 30 mins as my wife genuinely legged it when a dinosaur rushed at her!

For anyone wanting to try/see/ experience.. or for their family.. please check us out and have a go. Test experiences are about 20 mins.. and cost a whole 15 baht to try.

DRAGON INTERNET, 405-6/7/8 SOI PRATCHA SANTI, (3 mins from MAKRO). See www.udonthanicomputers.com for directions etc.
IMG_4069.JPG
IMG_4069.JPG (339.29 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
IMG_4070.JPG
IMG_4070.JPG (323.14 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
]

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Re: VIRTUALLY REALITY - Oculus Rift NOW IN Udon Thani!

Post by Udon Chinwag » October 11th, 2017, 12:25 pm

A few days in.. and the client base = FRIGHTENED! lol Its hard to understand but they have a problem separating reality from virtual reality. My wife has gone from.. "I want to see dinosaur" to "I want to see snow and trees and little animals". I showed her a lovely short VR movie where you listen to opera while sailing along in a gondolier. Lovely piece of creativity. I noticed when standing behind her for 5 mins.. she NEVER moved her head to look around (bear in mind VR is 360 degree).

Asked her after.. her response = "I keep waiting for big snake to come out the water to eat me.. so I CLOSED MY EYES ALL THE TIME".

Great woman.. but.. if a Thai wife married to a farang has issues of this kind inherent to her nature.. I have an uphill battle to get the clients to overcome fear and try a new concept.

Mind you.. when i stand on ledges in games.. I aint thrilled to look down!

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Re: VIRTUALLY REALITY - FREE TRY! Starting 11/10/17

Post by Udon Chinwag » October 11th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Try Virtual Reality for FREE! OFFER STARTS 11/10/17
Come to Dragon Internet. 405-6/7/8 Soi Pratcha Santi.
Mention FACEBOOK DRAGON.. for FREE PLAY!
Or telephone 091-686-9878 for information.

Udon Chinwag
Site Admin

Re: VIRTUALLY REALITY - Oculus Rift NOW IN Udon Thani!

Post by Udon Chinwag » January 15th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Not the easiest piece of magic to pass onto the Thai clientele. One customer put on the headset at the insistence of her boyfriend.. saw a dinosaur and ran into the wall!
It is lucky I have designed the space for REAL as well as VIRTUAL reality.. ;-)